29 Mar What are Backlinks and How Do They Work?
UNDERSTANDING WHAT ARE BACKLINKS IN SEO.
The SEO industry is changing at a fast pace, every year the market evolves with new strategies and shift the focus to other methods.
However, backlinks still remain just as important part of a strategy as when they were first created. Currently, backlinks are a very common way to promote and become authoritative in the world of SEO and if you are involved in the industry, you know backlinks with good authority value are vital to a website’s performance in search engines.
What are backlinks?
Understandably the Backlinks are links that are either shared or placed across the Internet when one website allows and mentions another website and links to it.
These are also referred to as “incoming links” backlinks as they make their connection through external websites. These links (backlink) from outside domains point to pages on your own domain. Whenever backlinks occur, it is like receiving a vote for a webpage. The more votes you get from the authoritative sites creates a positive effect on a site’s ranking and search visibility. But we have to take care that pages, where we are creating backlink, should have a good authority value ( DOMAIN AUTHORITY / PAGE AUTHORITY), this means pages which are regarded as good value pages like ted.com, facebook.com,instagram.com,www.awwwards.com, etc.. add a good trust value for your website.
What are PA & DA and its importance
DA stands for Domain Authority and PA stands for Page Authority. Page Authority measures the predictive ranking strength of a single page, Domain Authority measures the strength of entire domains or subdomains. High DA authority backlinks list are one of the most dominant factors for Off-page SEO
What is Article Submission?
Article submission is a process to submit your high-quality and unique content to the article directories to get some high authority and PageRank backlinks from them.
Why are backlinks important?
Backlinks are really important for both search engines and end-users.
- For the search engines, it helps them determine how authoritative and relevant your site is on the topic that you rank for.
- Backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that other external websites are endorsing your content.
- If many sites link to the same webpage or website, search engines can interpret that content is worth linking to, and therefore also worth ranking higher on a SERP (search engine results page).
- Previously, the number of backlinks was known to be an indicator of a page’s popularity. But in today’s scenarios the algorithms like Google’s Penguin update were created to help with other ranking factors; NOW PAGES RANK HIGHER based on the quality of the content and links that they are getting from external sites and less on quantity.
How do you build backlinks?
- Now that you know that backlinks are important, how do you acquire links to your site? Link building is still critical to the success of any SEO campaign when it comes to ranking organically.
- Backlinks today are much different than when they were built a decade back. Simply having 1000’s of backlinks without any good value isn’t going to affect your rank position.
Today, strategies of creating 1000’s backlinks are outdated and work slow, now you have to be clever and knowledgeable in terms of getting the good value of website backlinks which comes with experience actually. In my experience, I’ve seen a website which pierced to the top in a week as the backlinks created were of high value and the content of the actual website was well written to the point and precise.
Getting unique and authoritative links is crucial for higher ranking in the SERPs and improving your SEO. Google’s algorithm on the evaluation of links evolved in recent years creating a more challenging process now to get high-quality backlinks. External links still matter and aren’t obsolete, so start working on strategies to get valuable backlinks to improve your search visibility.